Buying and Managing a Rental House Portfolio
Scott Sutherland presents the how he acquired, manages, and sometimes sells 23 rental houses within a portfolio.
Topics covered in this video:
- How the price and returns were analyzed for the original purchases
- The improvements made to the properties
- Managing tenants, from screening, to repairs, to accepting electronic payments
- The legal and financial structure with the investors
Topics discussed in this discussion:
- How to determine how much to pay for a lot for spec home development
- How to evaluate what can be built on a lot in the City of Austin based on the zoning and Land Development Code
- What else to look for when determining if land is appropriate for building and residential development.
This seminar was recorded as part of the Central Austin Real Estate Meetup.